Re: WebID lack of adoption, was Re: Turtle and JSON-LD Matter

On 2014-07-17 17:09, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> On 17 July 2014 17:00, Seth Russell <russell.seth@gmail.com <mailto:russell.seth@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     How does "facebook serve WebID" ?   How does G+ not serve WebID ?
>

> graph.facebook.com <http://graph.facebook.com> complies with the webid spec, and servers turtle/rdf

I don't see reuse/adoption of a particular ZYZ data-structure in a centralized service like Facebook as a sign of "XYZ won".

The core problem for WebID remains which is the authentication part which has very limited adoption and with U2F is likely to die completely.
Combing WebID with U2F is possible but creates a poor user-experience and is thus a dead-end.

The only way to save WebID is to fix the original concept but that requires a bit more than a bunch of guys (where are the girls BTW?) with strong opinions.  Since such an endevour wouldn't (initially at least) get any support from the browser-vendors it is clearly out of scope for W3C.

Anders