Re: Web Identity 1.0 -- Draft Spec

On 1/7/14 11:22 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> This spec has been updated and fleshed out quite a bit.  Section 4 now
> includes reading, writing, access control, signatures, claims and
> endorsements.
>
> https://web-payments.org/specs/source/web-identity/

This spec, as per comments I made to Manu on his G+ thread [1],
currently doesn't acknowledge the fact that a WebID is an HTTP URI that
denotes an agent. To avert confusion, it is really important that we
have a common understanding of what the term WebID denotes.

Accepting the established definition of WebID [2] is compatible with
"Web Identity 1.0" once some tweaks are made to existing term
definitions, basically we end up with:

*/identifier/*
An HTTP URI that denotes an entity.

*/identity card/*
Information that can be used to identify a particular entity such as a
person, animal, or organization.

*/identity card owner/*
An entity that is in control of a particular identity card.

*/identity card provider (or host)/*
A website providing access to an identity or set of identities.

*/requestor/*
A user agent that is requesting to access and/or modify an identity.

Links:

[1] https://plus.google.com/u/0/+ManuSporny/posts/94fooRHDb6T -- Manu's post
[2] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/tip/spec/identity-respec.html
-- WebID spec (*which is currently marooned in this pre official release
state*).