Re: PayPal exec aims to "obliterate passwords from the face of the planet"

On 10 May 2013 12:59, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> On 5/10/13 3:26 AM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
>
>> http://arstechnica.com/**information-technology/2013/**
>> 05/paypal-exec-aims-to-**obliterate-passwords-from-the-**
>> face-of-the-planet/<http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/05/paypal-exec-aims-to-obliterate-passwords-from-the-face-of-the-planet/>
>>
>> in the last part i find something related to delegation:
>> "It begs the question, do you really want your refrigerator to know your
>> PayPal password?" Barrett said. "Unless we can solve that problem, life is
>> not going to be good."
>>

>>  Yes, but it will never happen via yet another alliance that still
> doesn't accept the fact that centralization in any form is broken re.,
> security and privacy pursuits.

Centralization itself isnt broken.  But when centralization becomes a
monopoly, then it limits end user choice.  Case in point, it's $25,000 to
be in the FIDO working group, and $50,000 for voting rights.

This will eliminate much of the grass roots and tends to lead to syndicates
and cartels.

Centralization and decentralization working together gives maximum user
choice.