Re: mitigating Webid (+ TLS') single point of failure

On 6/14/13 7:19 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

>>     But what is the "string" being hashed?
>
>     The content that describes the concept. Thus, the di: scheme URI
>     is just another URIs that denotes a concept such that look-up
>     (de-reference) resolves to description oriented content. We have a
>     resolver for the di: scheme URI hence the &http parameter.
>

> We need the di: to be an IFP ... then I can do cool things like send
> money to your account.

I am thinking you want a hash of the public key. Then you want that to
be denoted using a di: scheme URI. Then you di: URI to resolve to its
description. In addition, you need a signature produced using the
private key that pairs with the public key. Then, like a foaf:mbox, you
want a relation (unamed at this point) that's inverse functional which
amounts to making the di: URI offer the same identification
characteristics as an email address.

To me, this means enhancing the description of the public key (via
tweaks to our ontology) such that a new relation (type IFP) associates
the public key with a signature derived from a hash of the public key's
modulus and exponent.

> That means it needs to be known or standardized how you got from the
> Cert Concept -> String Serialization -> Digest Hash
>
> The first part is unknown, that's what I'm asking ...

We'll make a tweak, and then you can experiment further,
follow-your-nose style :-)