Re: WebID History - is also: Webid Editor/Author issue

On 1 Jun 2013, at 13:20, "Andreas Kuckartz" <A.Kuckartz@ping.de> wrote:

> Henry Story:
>>  According to the criteria you put forward below for being author of a spec,
>> in the mail to which this is a reply you wrote:
>>
>>> You are an editor of the document if you've contributed at least 25% of
>>> the bulk of the edits to the specification (modulo obvious
>>> search/replace/bulk copying changes).
>>

>> So according to your own criteria, you cannot be an author of this spec
>> either.
>
> I do not understand this. "author" != "editor".

Ah yes.

The next paragraph in Manu's e-mail was the relevant one

> You are an author of the document if you've contributed foundational
> ideas, arguments, or spec text to the body of the document.

And I don't believe Manu satisfies those criteria.
The ideas and arguments had been published in academic journals and on
the W3c site before. And as Manu wrote:

> I decided to gather much of the writing across the Web and put it into a
> coherent specification that would then be used to pitch a WebID Working
> Group at W3C.

so the spec text is probably a lot of text I wrote out there on the subject
in wikis and blog posts.

Now a lot of Manu's company's work was on an implementation of TLS in
JavaScript, and that is an impressive amount of work, but it's not spec
work.

Thanks for helping me to clarify this Andreas.

	Henry