Re: WebID 1.0 -- Section 3 -- Removal of Note

On 18 February 2013 17:13, Michael Hackett <michael.hackett@dal.ca> wrote:

> On 17 February 2013 17:18, Stéphane Corlosquet <scorlosquet@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> We use hash URIs in all our examples, and people who are new to WebID and
>> looking at implementing this will use hash URIs.
>

> Just to echo what Mo said, people won't use them if they don't know what
> they are, or rather why they are used. To someone just looking at WebID as
> a distributed identity system, who might have lots of experience building
> web sites (or maybe not so much), but no experienced with Linked Data, the
> hashes don't stand out as significant. I think it would be very helpful if
> the spec included a brief explanation of their use and a link to more
> in-depth reading. (Don't just point to a long external document, as
> developers will not be compelled to read a long doc if they don't
> immediately see the value.)

Out of curiosity, do you feel that you understand what the hash symbol is
for now?  IE that it is an identifier WITHIN a document, rather than, the
document itself.  Thus a document can have a licence like creative commons,
and an entity inside can have a name and an avatar etc.

If so, what has guided you to that level of understanding.

I've never had difficulty explaining this to non or semi technical people.
But for programmers it can be quite a challenge.  How do you think we can
make it easier?