Editing a Web Access Contrl Spec? Was: Simple WebID, WebID+TLS Protocol, and ACL Dogfood Demo

On 9 Aug 2013, at 19:34, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> On 8/9/13 12:55 PM, Hugh Glaser wrote:
>> Thanks.
>> I've looked at quite a bit of this stuff, but still don't see where the ACL document gets stored and used.
>
> As per my setup [1] the ACLs reside in a document. Of course, they can also reside inside a DBMS/store e.g., in a named graph.

What you should have is a link header from the document to the acl document.
http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebAccessControl suggests using the meta link header.

When talking about this with Alexandre Bertails he thought that rel="meta" was
not the right relation and that rel="acl" would be more correct.

I'd be for developing a simple document alongside the WebID, WebID TLS and
Cert ontology that explains Web Access control in a nice W3C document.
We now have a few implementations of Web Access Control, and it seems to
be working well enough. It's a key feature to understand linked data and
WebID.

Henry