Re: [foaf-protocols] New attack plucks secrets from HTTPS-protected pages

On 8/4/13 5:36 PM, Peter Williams wrote:
> But, fortunately, I think webid folks figured that out - about a year
> ago - that TLS/https  for client/server is not the right webby model -
> anymore. And, the market told us that the TLS handshakes and
> session-resumption recast in layer7 soap packets (per ws-security) was
> no better, either. What one needed was a simple crypto-binding - to
> get to inter-domain session cookies. Then you do key refresh to replce
> cookies as often as you wish, since making ephemeral keys is now cheap.
You can also make short-lived certs since cert. generation is now
totally trivialized [1].

Breakdown of the items (each a unique identifier in its own right) that
make up the composite key I referred to in my response to Melvin:

1.
http://id.myopenlink.net/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fid.myopenlink.net%2Fabout%2Fid%2Fentity%2Fhttp%2Ftwitter.com%2Fkidehen%23certF0549410169C0513116A03078AF5C59A992BBE57
-- Certificate

2.
http://id.myopenlink.net/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fid.myopenlink.net%2Fcertgen%2Fkey%2F8954
-- Public Key (which is paired with a Private Key)

3. http://id.myopenlink.net/about/id/entity/http/twitter.com/kidehen --
WebID .

Link:

[1] http://youid.openlinksw.com -- Certificate Generation Trivialized
(the Android version is nearing completion too!) .