Re: Releasing RWW.IO

On 8/3/13 11:50 AM, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:
> Congratulations on the release!
>
> I just tried it out.
>
> I put in the domain name of timbl, it was free, and then I went to it
> "go there"> It aksde me to provide a cert, which I did, using
> https://webid.mit.edu/timbl#
>
> Questions:
>
> - Has it now associated that cert with the user?
> - Does rww.io generate webids?
> - Does it generate profiles?
> - If I create anew file, profile.nt, why does it have 62 bytes in it in the directory listing?
> - What are the conventions for filenames? Is everything RDF whatever the name?
> - The site tends to keep need a re-selection of a cert - do you know why?
> - Nice icons -- where are they from or did you make them?
>

> Talking with Joe I feel we need:
>
> - a public well known list of services like this.

Yes, and we can start with each service/app provider publishing a
description document [1]. Doing this has the dual effects of dog-fooding
and serendipitous discovery. Actually, all Linked Data apps/service
providers should create and publish these kinds of documents :-)

Link:

[1]
http://kingsley.idehen.net/DAV/home/kidehen/Public/Linked%20Data%20Documents/openlink-dataspace-ldp-description.ttl
-- one I knocked up for LDP support which is quite generic and
applicable to anything .