Re: Archaic HTTP "From:" Header

On 4/3/13 7:01 PM, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> On 04/04/2013, at 4:18 AM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> I think the HTTP "From:" header [1] is now truly archaic circa. 2013. If the range of this particular predicate was a URI it would really aid our quest for a RWW.
> It's in active use by spiders and robots.
>
>> Suggestion:
>>
>> As part of our RWW bootstrap effort, we could consider an "X-From:" header that basically takes a URI or Literal value.
>>
>> I think we can flesh this out across WebID and RWW via implementations before moving up to TAG and IETF.
>>
>> Mark: what do you think, anyway ? :-)
> If you want something that takes a link, we have a Link header.
>
> Whatever you do, don't prefix it with X-.
>
> Cheers,

Okay re. not taking the X- route.

With regards to "From:" I am saying it should accept literals or URIs
instead of just literals. Net effect, I can then use:
kidehen@openlinksw.com or <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com> or
<http://kingsley.idehen.net/dataspace/person/kidehen#this> .

"Link:" is also a good idea, I'll maul this over as it could also work
from the desired bootstrap perspective.