Re: WebID questions -- was: [dane] Call for Adoption: "Using Secure DNS to Associate Certificates with Domain Names For S/MIME"

On 26 September 2012 12:54, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
> On 9/26/12 4:42 AM, Ben Laurie wrote:
>>
>> You realise that I'm not a big fan of ACLs, right? IMO, object
>> capabilities are the better way to go. WebIDs could probably also do
>> those, but then you'd be in the business of managing a very large
>> number of them.
>

> Do you have a pointer to a document that sheds light on "object
> capabilities" ? Hopefully, I might be able to triangulate back to WebID
> etc..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object-capability_model gives an overview.

My own paper: http://www.links.org/files/capabilities.pdf

E, a language designed from the ground up to be capability friendly:
http://erights.org/index.html

Capabilities in FreeBSD: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/security/capsicum/