Re: WebID, WebID Protocol definitions and requirements.

On 10/31/12 1:05 PM, Nathan wrote:
> Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> On 10/31/12 12:39 PM, Nathan wrote:
>>> For reference, would you be 0/1 with:
>>>
>>> a) definition WebID: an HTTP URI which denotes an Agent. Where you
>>> can GET an RDF model as TURTLE.
>>
>> 0.
>>
>>> b) subjectAltName ... MUST be an HTTP URI ...
>>
>> 0.
>
> any input from the other 16 people who +1'd the definition using "a
> hash HTTP URI"?
>
> My position can be summarised as http-uri where you can GET turtle,
> preference to hash URIs.
>
> This says nothing as to whether I like the constraints, but I do think
> they're needed to prevent webid protocol verification agents needing
> to support a plethora of standards and non standards, on both the
> protocol and mediatype sides.

A WebID protocol verifier should simply de-refrerence URIs in the SAN
slot of an X.509 certificate.

When creating profile documents, end-users and developers SHOULD be
encouraged to do so using hash URIs to denote Agents. They should also
be encouraged to describe the denoted Agents (profile document subjects)
using Turtle syntax.

> Kingsley, as always I really appreciate your dedication to keeping
> things as open and inclusive as possible on the web.

No problem, I have no choice :-)