Re: WEbID Todos

On 8 October 2012 13:48, Ben Laurie <benl@google.com> wrote:

> On 8 October 2012 12:39, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On 8 October 2012 13:34, Ben Laurie <benl@google.com> wrote:

>  This
> >>
> >> How do you log in, then? That is, how do I get linkability between
> >> sessions at a particular site but not between sessions at different
> >> sites?
> >

> > There is a different dialog in each browser.  I think henry has
> screenshots
> > of them all.
> >
> > If you look at this screencast:
> >
> > http://webid.info/
> >
> > From 4m30s -> 6m00 It will show you some of the different UIs
>
> You miss my point: if the advice is that to remain unlinkable, don't
> use a cert, then how do I log in to a site I want to log into but do
> not want to give the ability to link me to other sites?

Got it.

So there was 3 concepts mentioned in the IETF doc we looked at.

1. Linkability -- you can use webid for this

2. Unlinkability (A) anonymity -- you dont need to use a cert for this

2. Unlinkabiity (B) Pseudo Anonymity

I think it's the pseudo anonymity that seems to be raising concerns.

In truth, I dont think we've focused hugely on this issue to date.  Off the
bat, the one cert per site/device seems a plausible possible solution tho
building up too many certs then is an issue.  Then again, if the UI can
associate the right cert with the right site, some usability issues can be
resolved.  Is that you primary concern?  Needs a little more brain storming
perhaps ...