[webid spec] overview section

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 20:36:29 +0100
To: "public-webid@w3.org" <public-webid@w3.org>
The graphic showing the picture of TimBL should I think belong to an
overview section ( replacing the current section 3 ) that would explain:

 1. The full uri denotes the agent TimBl
 2. that the uri minus the hash denotes the document
 3. that the document SHOULD describe the agent in a uniquely identifiable way, so that the
    agent can be distinguished from every other agent via this definition.
    ( so here one can specify that this is very general: a public key, a link to the profile document,
      a link to an e-mail address, any or more will do )
    ( the reason is that otherwise one would need a backchannel to know what the WebID refers to )

for 1 and 2 refer to the URI rfc spec on fragment identifiers.

---

  I think it may be useful also to explain how these WebIDs can then be used to
create social networks - across servers. ( I can send a graphic of interlinked WebIDs for
that ).

---

  It may also be useful to show how one can have a WebID profile link to protected
profile document. ( an adapted version of the WebID-TLS spec graphics ), as otherwise
people will cry out that this creates anonymity problems.

Henry

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/