Re: Delegated authentication use cases.

Hey Nathan,

On 07/05/2012 04:04 PM, Nathan wrote:
> Hi Andrei,
>
> I've been looking at the MyProfile use case for delegated auth, and have
> one primary question, why is MyProfile doing the requesting and caching,
> could the user themselves, via a js application, not fulfil this roll,
> levering standard browser caching where needed - I'm unsure why the
> man-in-the-middle is needed?

Because if a user with 200 friends logs back again after a long period
of time (long after the cache has expired), it will trigger a cache
refresh for all of his 200 friends in the same time.

Also, a cache refresh can also be triggered by an external event (i.e.
someone updating a profile and notifying all his/her friends). In this
case, the user would have to login and manually refresh the cache
through a button/link.