Re: Certificate Expiry (summary)

Hi all,

I caught up with Henry in a quick chat earlier about this and will let
you know a quick summary. Of course we all agree on extending the
trust network via URIs, resolving, issues and signers, cosigners,
freedom and liberty boxes, server clients, etc. all day long. In
addition:

1) we should distinguish old keys from current keys with status,
issuer, date, and/or other properties of the key in our profiles

2) expired self-signed WebIDs should not "go out with the trash", if a
hacker finds it, they can pretend they are you unless (1)

3) we should regard x509 properties in addition to (1) while WebID is
delivered via x509, but prefer LD mechanisms to be compatible with
other containers and transports

Best,

--
Joe Presbrey