Re: Hash Discussion Overview II - the return

The WebID is an http URI is a marketing decision to help us make it
simpler to specifying things. Other specs make these types of decisions.
There is nothing stopping future specs being more relaxed, just as the
meaning of HTML is constantly evolving.

We are not saying that *only* http URIs can refer to agents. We are just
restricting ourselves here to HTTP URIs for works in different specs, such
as LDP etc, WebID Auth, etc...

The Identity Interoperability work
 http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/wiki/Identity_Interoperability
shows that you can work with a lot of other identifiers, but it is a lot more work
then to specify things, and it means that people looking to implement a WebID
have a much steeper curve to get in.

Apart from that is there a short argument you would like me to add to this,
for your position, in section 3, that does not cover it?

I added the following for you:

"It is better not to have restriction here since there are technical solutions to get to the profile document for both hash URIs and non hash URIs."

Henry