Re: MyProfile REST API.

On 8/16/12 10:53 AM, Corey Mwamba wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 13:04:43 +0100, Kingsley Idehen
> <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>
>> On 8/16/12 4:25 AM, Corey Mwamba wrote:
>>> My WebID is http://webid.coreymwamba.co.uk/ and it works at
>>> https://resourceme.bergnet.org/test
>>>
>>> Sorry for posting this here if this is the wrong place!
>>>
>>> Corey Mwamba.
>> Corey,
>>
>> Please also test verification of your WebID using the service at:
>> http://id.myopenlink.net/ods/webid_demo.html .
>>
>> This is a WebID protocol QA and interop oriented request.
>>

> Hello again
>
> Just to report back - it WAS a dereferencing error.
>
> So I generated a new WebID - http://webid.coreymwamba.co.uk/#music
>
> which worked.
>
> I'm still totally unclear as to why having a fragment identifier
> matters, but that was the issue!
>
> All the best,
>
> C.

Because you are denoting two distinct entities:

1. the profile document
2. the entities described by the profile document -- one of which is
'You' .

Linked Data is really about the following triangulaion, via indirection:

1. subject -- an entity
2. subject denotation -- a de-referencable URI (for cost-effectiveness
you are encouraged to use an HTTP URI)
3. subject profile document denotation -- a web document HTTP URI/URL
4. subject denotation URI resolving to subject profile document URL en
route to access actual subject description data (i.e., document content
which takes the form of an EAV/SPO graph expressible using a variety of
syntaxes).

The confusing part:

1. you can denote a Web resource using its URL -- but remember, a URL is
a subclass of URI hence the URI/URL reference above re. #3
2. you can denote other entities (resources not of the Web) using hash
or hashless HTTP URIs -- if you use a hash URI you evade complexity
associated with hashless URI ambiguity and content negotiation .