Re: MyProfile REST API.

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 16:56:32 +0200
Cc: public-webid@w3.org
To: "Corey Mwamba" <send.missive@coreymwamba.co.uk>

On 16 Aug 2012, at 16:53, "Corey Mwamba" <send.missive@coreymwamba.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 13:04:43 +0100, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>
>> On 8/16/12 4:25 AM, Corey Mwamba wrote:
>>> My WebID is http://webid.coreymwamba.co.uk/ and it works at
>>> https://resourceme.bergnet.org/test
>>>
>>> Sorry for posting this here if this is the wrong place!
>>>
>>> Corey Mwamba.
>> Corey,
>>
>> Please also test verification of your WebID using the service at:
>> http://id.myopenlink.net/ods/webid_demo.html .
>>
>> This is a WebID protocol QA and interop oriented request.
>>

> Hello again
>
> Just to report back - it WAS a dereferencing error.
>
> So I generated a new WebID - http://webid.coreymwamba.co.uk/#music
>
> which worked.
>
> I'm still totally unclear as to why having a fragment identifier matters, but that was the issue!

It would allow you to have one personal profile document with a number of different WebIDs in it.
It also makes it easier to distinguish documents from the thigns the documents are about without needing to add another convention such as that the doc needs a foaf:primaryTopic relation from doc to the thing it is about. So a lot of little things like that, just makes it simpler.

See http://webid.info/spec/ for more

Henry

> All the best,
>
> C.