Integration of webid by SAAS providers

From: Emmanuel Dreux <edreux@cloudiway.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 08:42:42 +0000
To: "public-webid@w3.org" <public-webid@w3.org>
Hi,

I'm new to this DL and very interested in this technology.
This is much more a question for Melvin, but I'm sharing it in this DL.

If a SAAS provider wants to integrate the php webid implementation (https://github.com/melvincarvalho/libAuthentication) on top of his existing solution, how will he link the webid profile to his existing userIDs (stored in an account database)?

- Will he have to write integration code or does this lib already implement code that lookups an account table to find the account matching the webid profile?
- Will he have to extend his SQL or LDAP schema to store/link to webid profile?
- What will be the "webid key" that links his internal userID to the webID profile?
--> Public key is subject to change if a cert is revoked / renewed
--> profile URI is subject to change if the providing service is migrated to a new URL

Emmanuel Dreux
http://www.cloudiway.com

Tel: +33 4 26 78 17 58
Mobile: +33 6 47 81 26 70