Re: MyProfile REST API.

On 8/12/12 5:14 AM, Andrei Sambra wrote:
> Hi Kingsley,
>
>> Implicit Indirection leads to the actual data source being at the URL:
>> https://my-profile.eu/people/deiu/card .
>>
>> The resource above is associated with the subject it describes, assuming
>> its a profile document. Thus, the resource will bear the complete
>> description graph for itself and the entity it describes. Basically,
>> <https://my-profile.eu/people/deiu/card#me> and
>> <https://my-profile.eu/people/deiu/card> are two distinct URIs that
>> resolve to a common resource (the actual eav/spo based structured
>> content).
> I totally agree with you, and this behaviour is actually supported
> right now in the API: I'm always looking for foaf:primaryTopic
> whenever I have deal with user profiles.

Please give me a sample URI as
<https://my-profile.eu/people/deiu/card#me> doesn't work for me.

> However, given that some people still create their profiles by hand,
> they might omit to add a primaryTopic to their document.

Yes, so we have to help them understand what these documents are about
and why the content (graphs) need to connect all the critical entities
via relationships, with Linked Data's follow-your-nose (fyn) pattern in
mind.

I made a very simple Turtle based profile document [1] to demonstrate
how simple it actually is to make a fyn oriented profile document.
Sadly, most RDF resources (TBox and ABox) fail to associate description
subjects with descriptor documents. This problem still boils down to the
fact that RDF != Linked Data etc..

>>> Returns*:
>>> Successfully deleted profile https://my-profile.eu/people/deiu/card#me.
>>>
>>> *for now, the operation will be performed only if the request is made
>>> by profile owner, or on his/her behalf (!)
>>
>> Shouldn't that be subject to the ACL associated with the resource?
> Yes, and it will. Right now I'm getting close to finishing ACL, but
> until then the minimal protection I can offer is that only owners (and
> agents operating on their behalf) can remove their own profiles.

Okay.

> Andrei

Links:

1. http://bit.ly/NYwGCd -- simple Turtle based profile document
2. http://bit.ly/LNIeLj -- detailed post about simple Linked Data
deployment via Turtle document
3. http://bit.ly/O4LNKf -- putting it all together re. Web-scale
verifiable identity via Turtle document and WebID.