Re: archive of #rdfig 2001-09-05? (when did I discover erights?)

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 5:50 PM Karl Dubost <karl@la-grange.net> wrote:

> But rdfig.xmlhack.com is long gone, but web.archive.org has it.
>

> http://web.archive.org/web/20020116040004/http://rdfig.xmlhack.com/2001/09/05/2001-09-05.html

Thanks... not sure why I didn't look there...

I was looking for the raw IRC chat logs, but this edited summary is
probably better:

ERights.org
<https://web.archive.org/web/20020116040004/http://www.erights.org/>
posted by DanC at 2001-09-05 14:19

DanC: ERights.Org -- Open Source Distributed Capabilities
DanC: sigh... so much to study
DanC: index under WebOfTrust, DigitalRightsManagement
DanC: aka web of trust, digital rights management
DanC: this Capability-based Financial Instruments
<https://web.archive.org/web/20020116040004/http://www.erights.org/elib/capability/ode/overview.html>
overview
seems to discuss the technology at the level I'm interested in it.
DanC: using game theory to model security is very appealing...
DanC: ooh... vats... persistence too... it just keeps getting better. (I
like the way they did objects based on lambda.)
danbri_: I imagine Jan would like this stuff...
jang: indeed. Some day, all systems will be built this way.
AaronSw: Another Mark Miller
<https://web.archive.org/web/20020116040004/http://www.caplet.com/>
 production
AaronSw: Mark also thinks
<https://web.archive.org/web/20020116040004/http://smallstd.org/> "The
world is filling up with bloated standards designed and expanded by
committees run amok, as with XML and the w3c." and proposes "downward
compatible", simplified standards.

sigh... another reminder of AaronSw... so I'll share this while I'm at it:

Fix You in memory of Aaron Swartz : K, K, and B : Free Download, Borrow,
and Streaming : Internet Archive <https://archive.org/details/fix-you-kkb>

--
Dan Connolly
http://www.madmode.com/