From: Roderick Sheeter [mailto:rsheeter@google.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2016 4:35 PM
To: WebFonts WG
Subject: Telcon Minutes for Mar 23, 2016

https://www.w3.org/2016/03/23-webfonts-minutes.html

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                 WebFonts Working Group Teleconference

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/03/23-webfonts-irc

Attendees

   Present

          Vlad, RSheeter, jfkthame, ChrisL, kuettel, khaled,

          sergeym

   Regrets

          Ken_Lunde

   Chair

          vlad

   Scribe

          rsheeter

Contents

     * [3]Topics

         1. [4]Can anybody hear me

         2. [5]CTS

     * [6]Summary of Action Items

     * [7]Summary of Resolutions

   <Khaled> I’ve difficulties getting WebEx to work here, so I

   can’t hear anything

   <scribe> scribe: rsheeter

   <Vlad> Khaled, did you try to ask WebEx to call you instead?

   Vlad: Congrats on candidate rec; now we have to care about the

   CTS

   <Khaled> Vlad: something wrong with Java unable to use my audio

   device

Can anybody hear me

   evidently not

   <jfkthame> we're just a bunch of old drop-outs

CTS

   Need to review AT items in 5.4 2nd-to-final paragraph

   ([8]https://dev.w3.org/webfonts/WOFF2/spec/Overview.html#hmtx_t

   able_format)

      [8] https://dev.w3.org/webfonts/WOFF2/spec/Overview.html#hmtx_table_format)

   Vlad: we can create a test collection with two glyf's and a

   shared hmtx where transform should work

   ... then modify one of the x_min's to not match and check if

   transform was applied appropriately.

   (Vlad will edit offline per discussion)

   Vlad:

   [9]https://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/wiki/TestPlan20-AuthoringTool#mu

   stEliminateLSBs is pending approval. Does it seem reasonable?

      [9] https://www.w3.org/Fonts/WG/wiki/TestPlan20-AuthoringTool#mustEliminateLSBs

   jfkthame: It's implied we can look at things that might not be

   easily inspectable barring a specialized inspection tool

   <Khaled> No luck with WebEx calling me either, I can’t get past

   the automated message no mutter what number I press

   action khaled Investigate how we actually verify AT tests,

   particularly how we verify internal handling.

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-199 - Investigate how we actually

   verify at tests, particularly how we verify internal handling.

   [on Khaled Hosny Ghetas - due 2016-03-30].

   (we all do)

   <jfkthame> you're not alone in that

   although it just got particularly bad

   <ChrisL> Rrrrreeeeverrrrbbbbbbbbbb dalek dalek

   blorp?

   <jfkthame> that doesn't help vlad's breakup, unfortunately

   Vlad: Have we inspected the tests in red? (that require WG

   attention)

   Offline sounds good

   jfkthame: arblegarb sounds good (loosely paraphrased)

   <Vlad> everyone - review the test descriptions and flag/report

   any issues.

   <Vlad> We will reconvene again next week to address them

   <ChrisL> +1

   +1

   <jfkthame> sounds great

   🔊🔊

   <ChrisL> ok

   Vlad: Make it so #1. Debate over who #1 is ensues.

   [10]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeo3ISj8DaQ

     [10] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeo3ISj8DaQ

   present plus yourself or it doesn't count

   Bye

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [11]scribe.perl version

    1.144 ([12]CVS log)

    $Date: 2016/03/23 20:33:39 $

     [11] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

     [12] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]

This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.144  of Date: 2015/11/17 08:39:34

Check for newer version at [13]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/>

scribe/<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/>

     [13] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: rsheeter

Inferring ScribeNick: RSheeter

Default Present: Vlad, RSheeter, jfkthame, ChrisL, kuettel, khaled, serg

eym

Present: Vlad RSheeter jfkthame ChrisL kuettel khaled sergeym

Regrets: Ken_Lunde

Found Date: 23 Mar 2016

Guessing minutes URL: [14]http://www.w3.org/2016/03/23-webfonts-minutes.<http://www.w3.org/2016/03/23-webfonts-minutes.html>

html<http://www.w3.org/2016/03/23-webfonts-minutes.html>

People with action items:

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2016/03/23-webfonts-minutes.html

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.

You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

   [End of [15]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [15] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm