RE: DSIG and other issues

In the scenario that Behdad proposed we would have to keep both the DISG entry in table directory and the empty table as part of the font data. Removing the DSIG table and inserting the empty DSIG table when the font is decoded is a possible alternative option, we would only need to record the presence of the DISG in the original file (we do have reserved flags that can be used for this) to let the decoder know when the empty one needs to be inserted.

Vlad

On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 5:32 PM David Kuettel wrote:
On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad@google.com> wrote:
> My recommendation is that the spec be changed, to recommend that if
> the original font had a DSIG table, then all signatures in the DSIG
> table be removed.  Ie. an encoder is encouraged to keep an a DSIG
> table with zero signatures.  That's a valid table that is only eight
> bytes.  (00 00 00 01 00
> 00 00 00).

Interesting.  So rather than removing the table all together (as the latest draft currently recommends, http://www.w3.org/TR/WOFF2/), just removing all of the signatures from the table if present.

That sound great!