Re: DSIG and other issues

My understanding of the thread is that some or all versions of MS Office
(quite possibly only MS Word) make a decision regarding whether to use
OpenType Layout features for Latin and other simple scripts based on the
presence of a DSIG table in a TrueType-outlines OpenType font.

My personal conclusion is that this has no implications on webfonts and as
such should be ignored.

My recommendation is that the spec be changed, to recommend that if the
original font had a DSIG table, then all signatures in the DSIG table be
removed.  Ie. an encoder is encouraged to keep an a DSIG table with zero
signatures.  That's a valid table that is only eight bytes.  (00 00 00 01
00 00 00 00).

behdad