Re: Agenda for Wed. Apr. 30

On 30/4/14 04:35, Levantovsky, Vladimir wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Let's have our regular scheduled telcon tomorrow:
>
> US West Coast - 07:00
> US East Coast - 10:00
> Central Europe - 16:00
> Japan – 23:00
> Zakim telephone bridge:
> +1.617.761.6200 (Boston)
> or
>  From your SIP phone: _zakim@voip.w3.org_ <sip:zakim@voip.w3.org>
> with conference code 3668 ("FONT") followed by ‘#’ sign.
> (Instructions on how to connect using SIP:
> _http://www.w3.org/2006/tools/wiki/Zakim-SIP_)
> IRC channel is #webfonts, irc://irc.w3.org:6665/webfonts
> or _http://irc.w3.org/?channels=webfonts_

Hi Vlad,

Once again, I'm not going to make today's call - sorry. A number of
things have come up recently that are often conflicting with our telcon
times. :(

> Agenda:
> - discuss the implication of the WOFF2 compression on DSIG and whether
> the spec should recommend removal of this table;

Yes, we should recommend removal; and we should have a note that if the
table is left in the font, it will not (normally) be a valid signature
for the reconstructed sfnt.

(I don't think we should attempt to *prohibit* a DSIG table, any more
than we should *prohibit* font-tool source code, or any other arbitrary
tables that might be in a font. But we should not include any of these
in the "known table tags" list, as including them would normally serve
no useful purpose in a web-font context.)

> - Setting bit 11 of the 'head' flags - WOFF2 recommendations and
> potential OT/OFF spec update

I don't have any particular opinion on this - I think it's unlikely that
anything actually pays any attention to it. Basically, I don't see any
purpose to the flag. Does anyone have a use case that would benefit somehow?

JK