Re: Proposal: OFF/X

From: Adam Twardoch (List) <list.adam@twardoch.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 06:15:42 +0200
To: "public-webfonts-wg@w3.org" <public-webfonts-wg@w3.org>
On 13-06-20 06:01, Adam Twardoch (List) wrote:
> In the following, I'll be using SFNT as an umbrella term for all font
> formats and specs which are hosted in the "sfnt" data structure (ISO
> OFF, OpenType, TrueType, TrueType AAT, etc. etc.).
>
> A web font technical profile is a set of recommendations that aims to
> create a formalized subset of various aspects of the SFNT font format
> which are allowed, recommended, deprecated and disallowed within that
> profile. As an analogy, the ISO PDF/X is a standardized subset of the
> PDF format that acts similarly. Some PDF files conform with PDF/X,
> others doesn't.
Correction: The portion "A web font technical profile is a set of"
should read "The open font format for exchange specification, or
'profile', is a set of".

And, some paragraphs later, "taking a clue" should probably be "taking a
cue" or "taking cue". :)

[Note to self: re-read before sending, not after.]
A.

--

May success attend your efforts,
-- Adam Twardoch