Re: WOFF metadata - spec prose vs. RNG

On Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 4:15:47 PM, Vladimir wrote:

LV> On Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:52 AM Jonathan Kew wrote:

>> On 25 May 2011, at 21:46, Levantovsky, Vladimir wrote:
>> >
>> > -          description element: 'text' element is optional / required
>> in RNG (?);

>> Actually, 'text' is required in the 'description' element according to
>> the written spec, because all elements that use 'text' to provide
>> localization, "at least one text child element MUST be present" (see
>> the discussion of the localizable elements, before the element-by-
>> element list).

LV> I gave it one more look, I guess what confuses me is that the
LV> "text" element is treated differently in different parts of RNG
LV> (although the spec prose says the same thing for all cases). RNG
LV> has it sometimes as "oneOrMore", "zeroOrMore" or as plain required
LV> element with no qualifier at all. Should it all be the same "oneOrMore" in all cases?

I had a look and yes, 'description' had it as a plain required element. I changed it to oneOrMore.

For 'license', though, it is indeed zeroOrMore because of our resolution to Issue 18 license element text subelements

http://dev.w3.org/webfonts/WOFF/DoC/issues-lc-2010.html#issue-18

in other words we decided that text was optional, because sometimes people want to only link to a license and not summarize or duplicate it as text.

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG