Re: WOFF without SOR?

On Jan 26, 2011, at 9:00 AM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:

> I certainly wish Opera was more active and constructive on this issue
> and many others here. If you can't or won't be, that's fine too. But then
> it isn't fair for you to imply you've been somehow ignored and demand a
> new, separate spec. It isn't helpful for the WG member with the lowest
> level of overall participation to show up after all the hard work is
> almost done to demand a new spec for a single conformance requirement
> that has been known and understood since before Firefox 3.5 shipped.
>
> It would be more helpful at this point if you just agreed you'll be
> non-conformant with this particular requirement. If you don't care
> much for it and believe it's unnecessary then it shouldn't really
> matter, should it ?

If it wasn't obvious, the point of my original message was simply to get a clear statement from Opera, for the benefit of WG members and list readers, on their intentions.

Of course I'd be pleased to see Opera implement SOR for WOFF as currently required. Adobe's general confidence in WOFF is undermined if SOR is not applied consistently among browsers.

-Christopher