Re: Telcon reminder and agenda for Wednesday, Oct. 6th

From: John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 00:01:54 -0700
To: "Levantovsky, Vladimir" <Vladimir.Levantovsky@MonotypeImaging.com>
CC: public-webfonts-wg@w3.org
Regretably, I may miss this week's phonecall. I am working late tonight,
may need to sleep and would, in any case, probably not be very cogent.

Re. agenda item 1, I am basically in agreement with what Vlad wrote re.
the note in section 1 and how it relates to the preceding reference to
the CSS Fonts spec. Within the context of the note, I am happy for
either 'should not' or 'must not' to be used with reference to unwrapped
font files being 'installed or otherwise made available for use by other
processes or documents on the system', but agree with what I understand
to be David Singer's suggestion that the wording of the note should
reflect the wording of the CSS Fonts spec referenced in the text above.

I also agree with Håkon that if all notes are considered non-normative
then this should be stated somewhere in the text. A paradox: if a note
states that all notes are non-normative, are they really? Perhaps we
need a note saying 'All notes except this one are non-normative'. :)

JH