RE: WOFF and extended metadata

Strictly speaking, the proposed sentence defines recommended behavior, where some kind of UI is to be provided by UA to show the content of metadata. It does not however prescribe any particular way to implement that UI, nor does it define any specific user interface features. This is all left to the implementers to decide.

Without this sentence, the spec would be incomplete because it provides the description of syntax and semantics of metadata but fails to mention what it is expected to be used for, and whether UA is expected to act on it. The proposed sentence resolves this issue by providing clear recommendations that UA should only display the content based on user's request.

Regards,
Vlad