Use of public-webevents to discuss issues with touch events?

From: Rick Byers <rbyers@google.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 11:57:31 -0400
To: "public-webevents@w3.org" <public-webevents@w3.org>
Cc: Boris Smus <smus@google.com>
Hi,
We've had a few discussions on this list about the issues people have had
with the design of touch events (and sometimes even specific implementation
details that are out of scope for the spec).  How do subscribers feel about
encouraging that sort of discussion here?  In particular Boris and I are
doing a talk at Google I/O about touch input and some of the challenges
with it and I want to point people at a public forum for further discussion.

I'd personally find it easier to make better decisions around future
directions if we had a more active dialog between UA vendors and
site/library developers here.  But if people are concerned the volume/noise
would get too high, I'm happy to create a separate mailing list for this
sort of discussion.

While I'm here, let me plug a few resources that discuss some of the issues
I'd like to see more dialog around:

HTML5Rocks article on touch+mouse:
http://www.html5rocks.com/en/mobile/touchandmouse/

G+ post with more details on the touch+mouse problem:
https://plus.google.com/115788095648461403871/posts/6RqRCEVbqpC

G+ post with more details on how even empty touch event handlers can be a
major perf problem:
https://plus.sandbox.google.com/115788095648461403871/posts/cmzrtyBYPQc

Thanks,
    Rick