Re: Request for Review: single-touch tests; deadline Sept 24

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>wrote:

> On 10/1/12 9:28 PM, ext Rick Byers wrote:
>
>> With the following two changes, and Art's guidance that these tests
>> should focus on testing the spec, not interoperability between
>> implementations, I'm now happy with the state of single-touch.html
>>
>> On the multiple test results for the same problem issue, how about a
>> simple pragmatic trade-off: collapse all failures about identifiedTouch
>> into one.  This addresses my main use case (wanting to be able to glance at
>> the failures and make sure they're all understood) without adding much
>> complexity.  I've committed a proposed change for that here:
>> https://github.com/AFBarstow/**WebEvents/commit/**
>> eef7fbdb9e08bc5c901d0678d2f7ae**35b35f7071<https://github.com/AFBarstow/WebEvents/commit/eef7fbdb9e08bc5c901d0678d2f7ae35b35f7071>.
>>  Seem OK?
>>

> Your two changes look OK to me so I copied the latest file on GH to Hg and
> put it in a new dir called Moz-Nok-Goog since it has contributions from
> Matt, Rick and Art:
>
> <http://w3c-test.org/**webevents/tests/touch-events-**
> v1/submissions/Moz-Nok-Goog/**single-touch.html<http://w3c-test.org/webevents/tests/touch-events-v1/submissions/Moz-Nok-Goog/single-touch.html>

FYI: shortened to http://goo.gl/ffIYx to make it easier to enter on mobile

I would appreciate it folks would please run this version and report
> results.

Latest Chrome desktop  (23.0.1271.19): 251 passes, 2 fails - both expected
due to known WebKit bugs":
document.createTouchList exists and correctly creates a TouchList from a
single Touch" ; Actual: "assert_equals: touchList.length is 1, expected 1
but got 0" ;
TouchList contans an identifiedTouch property" ; Actual: "assert_true:
expected true got false" ;

iOS 6 (Safari/8536.25): 251 pass, 2 fail - almost the same as the above
except that the createTouchList has a slightly different failure mode:
"assert_equals: touchList.item(0) is input touch expected object "[object
Touch]" but got null.  Looks like the same underlying webkit issue though.

I also found that my client/page check fails if I'm zoomed at all:
"touch.clientX is touch.pageX - window.pageXOffset expected 15 but got -201
I'll look into fixing that (presumably a units mismatch again).

Chrome for Android (18.0.1025453): 251 pass, 2 fail - same as above

Android browser (Android 4.1.1): 251 pass, 2 fail - same as above

On my Nokia N9 I got 233 Passes and 3 Fails:

> * 2 are Expected: "document.createTouchList exists and correctly creates a
> TouchList from a single Touch" ; Actual: "assert_equals: touchList.length
> is 1, expected 1 bug 0" ;
>
> * 1 Expected: "TouchList contans an identifiedTouch property" ; Actual:
> "assert_true: expected tru got false" ; [I think this is a browser bug that
> was reported earlier]
>
> Re multi-touch testing, next week I hope to take a deep dive but if
> someone can beat me to it, that would be very much appreciated!

I will try to take a look at some point next week too.