W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-webevents@w3.org > October to December 2011

Draft minutes: 13 December 2011 call

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 12:02:41 -0500
Message-ID: <4EE78531.20205@nokia.com>
To: "public-webevents@w3.org" <public-webevents@w3.org>
The draft minutes from the December 13 voice conference are available at 
the following and copied below:

http://www.w3.org/2011/12/13-webevents-minutes.html

WG Members - if you have any comments, corrections, etc., please send 
them to the public-webevents mail list before December 20. In the 
absence of any changes, these minutes will be considered approved.

-AB

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                     Web Events WG Voice Conference

13 Dec 2011

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2011OctDec/0149.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2011/12/13-webevents-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Art_Barstow, Cathy_Chan, Suman_Sharma, Doug_Schepers,
           Olli_Pettay

    Regrets
    Chair
           Art

    Scribe
           Art

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Tweak Agenda
          2. [6]Announcements
          3. [7]Status of Patent Advisory Group re Apple's patent
             disclosures for Touch Events v1 spec
          4. [8]Charter update
          5. [9]Testing TEv1 spec
          6. [10]AoB
      * [11]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <scribe>  ScribeNick: ArtB

    <scribe>  Scribe: Art

    Date: 13 December 2011

    <smaug>  do we have a call?

Tweak Agenda

    <smaug>  calls in

    AB: I published a Draft agenda yesterday
    [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2011OctDec/
    0149.html. Any change requests? One addition I propose is an AoB
    topic at the end of the meeting.

      [12] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2011OctDec/0149.html.

Announcements

    AB: one announcement is that the Candidate Recommendation for the
    Touch Events v1 spec should be published on December 15.
    ... any other short announcements?

Status of Patent Advisory Group re Apple's patent disclosures for Touch
Events v1 spec

    AB: I don't have any new information to share on the next steps re
    Apple's patent disclosures
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/45559/status#current-disclosur
    es beyond what PLH reported last month
    [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2011OctDec/
    0142.html.
    ... My interpretation of the Patent Policy is a Patent Advisory
    Group will be started but I haven't seen anything from the W3C Staff
    regarding the impending PAG.
    ... Doug do you have any new information on this?

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/45559/status#current-disclosures
      [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2011OctDec/0142.html.

    DS: I think we will be starting a PAG

     but not likely to start until the beginning of next year

    AB: I want to repeat that we will *NOT* directly discuss any of the
    patents or patent applications in this WG

Charter update

    AB: three things here. First, the CfC to add Mouse/Pointer Lock and
    Gamepad APIs to WebApps' charter and not WebEvents' charter
    [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2011OctDec/
    0135.html ended.
    ... there were no objections to that proposal so the means those two
    APIs will be included in the charter the AC will review.

      [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2011OctDec/0135.html

     that is the AC review of the WebApps' charter

    AB: second, this means WebEvents will *not* have to revise its
    charter.
    ... third, FYI, the latest Draft proposal for Indie UI WG (fka
    Intentional Events WG)

    [16]http://www.w3.org/2011/11/indie-ui-charter

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2011/11/indie-ui-charter

    SS: is this a new WG?

    DS: yes, that's correct

    AB: and the idea is that what we have previously called the
    "Intentional Events" spec, will be a joint spec for WebEvents and
    this new Indie UI WG

Testing TEv1 spec

    AB: we have a few sub-topics here ...
    ... re directory organization: for consistency with WebApps and HTML
    WGs,

    should the directory structure be changed as indicated in the draft
    agenda
    [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2011OctDec/
    0149.html

      [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webevents/2011OctDec/0149.html

    <smaug>  looks ok to me

    AB: I don't feel strongly about that structure so I welcome comments
    ... any objections to changing our structure?

     to align with WebApps and HTML WG's structure for tests?

     I could start a CfC on the structure question?

    DS: I think that is appropriate

    AB: we don't have Matt here so I want his feedback

    <scribe>  ACTION: barstow start a CfC re directory structure for
    WebEvents tests [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2011/12/13-webevents-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot>  Created ACTION-89 - Start a CfC re directory structure
    for WebEvents tests [on Arthur Barstow - due 2011-12-20].

    AB: before we talk about specific actions, let me ask if anyone has
    analyzed the tests we have vis-a-vis the minimum needed to exit CR?

     I'm trying to get a sense of the level of "doneness" we have WRT
    the current set of tests

     Does anyone know, roughly?

    [ Silence ]

    DS: no, I don't

    AB: is this an important question

    DS: if the testable assertions were marked, this could be easier to
    assess

     we need to talk to the people writing tests

     but without them on the call, it's difficult to determine

    AB: yes, I agree with all of the things you said

     Is anyone willing to do create some type of assertion table?

     That is enumerate the testable assertions?

     I think we are going to need something like that

     Any volunteers?

    CC: I can take a look at that

    <scribe>  ACTION: cathy Create a first iteration of an Assertion
    Table for the Touch Events v1 spec [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2011/12/13-webevents-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot>  Created ACTION-90 - Create a first iteration of an
    Assertion Table for the Touch Events v1 spec [on Cathy Chan - due
    2011-12-20].

    AB: thanks Cathy!

    CC: just to be clear, I'm willing to start but can't commit to
    completing it

    AB: Action-74 on Olli Pettay "Create some multitouch test cases"
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/actions/74

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/actions/74

    <smaug>
    [21]http://w3c.pettay.fi/webevents/tests/touchevents/multi-touch.htm
    l

      [21] http://w3c.pettay.fi/webevents/tests/touchevents/multi-touch.html

    OP: I created it awhile ago

     need someone to move it into Hg

    AB: does that use testharness?

    OP: yes it does

    <smaug>  [22]http://w3c.pettay.fi/webevents/tests/

      [22] http://w3c.pettay.fi/webevents/tests/

    OP: I copied the single touch and modified it for multi-touch

     The idea was that I would start the multi-touch and then others
    could add

    AB: yes, that matches my understanding
    ... Action-66 on Dzung Tran "Create multitouch test cases for the
    Touch Events spec"
    <[23]http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/actions/66>

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/track/actions/66%3E

     and Tran was waiting for Olli's Action-74

     which we can consider complete, once the test is copied to Hg

    <scribe>  ACTION: barstow Copy Olli's mult-touch.html file to Hg
    [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2011/12/13-webevents-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot>  Created ACTION-91 - Copy Olli's mult-touch.html file to
    Hg [on Arthur Barstow - due 2011-12-20].

    AB: anything else on testing for today?

    [ No ]

AoB

    AB: let's tentatively plan a call for next week and I'll send an
    e-mail if it is canceled
    ... there will be no call December 27 nor on January 3
    ... in case there is no call next week, I just want to say that
    working with you folks on this spec has been a real pleasure,
    perhaps the most enjoyable part of my "day job" this year.
    ... Thanks very much for all of your hard work! Enjoy the upcoming
    holidays and see you next year!
    ... any other business for today?

    DS: I concur with Art re this group

     very professional

     and everyone has stepped up

    OP: thanks Art for being the Scribe

    AB: my pleasure
    ... Meeting Adjourned

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: barstow Copy Olli's mult-touch.html file to Hg
    [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2011/12/13-webevents-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: barstow start a CfC re directory structure for
    WebEvents tests [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2011/12/13-webevents-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: cathy Create a first iteration of an Assertion Table
    for the Touch Events v1 spec [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2011/12/13-webevents-minutes.html#action02]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Tuesday, 13 December 2011 17:02:51 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:03:54 UTC