[gamepad] .gamepads vs. function access

From: Scott Graham <scottmg@google.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 10:58:32 -0700
To: public-webevents@w3.org
Hi,

Currently, the gamepad spec says it's navigator.gamepads to get
polling-style access to the gamepad data.

In writing some sample code, I'm finding it feels a bit odd because
you don't know when the data is updated.

I'm inclined towards "navigator.pollGamepads()" or maybe
"navigator.getGamepads()" to make it more clear that you're getting a
copy that's (hopefully) up-to-date at that point.

Any positive or negative feelings on that?

scott