Re: Comments on rotationAngle

On 04/01/2011 09:56 AM, Matt Brubeck wrote:
> Oops! I was a math major, and assumed that *everybody* knew that
> positive angles are counter-clockwise:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angle#Positive_and_negative_angles
>
> But I see that other W3C specs are "backward," so I will change the
> Touch Events spec to match them. :)

To complicate matters, the InkML Candidate Recommendation defines pen
rotation in counter-clockwise degrees around the origin.  So now I'm not
sure.

InkML is more closely related, as it is defining the shape of a pen tip
(including ellipses like the ones in the Touch Events spec). On the
other hand, CSS 2D Transforms and SVG are more widespread, and are
certain to be used alongside Touch Events.

I'm leaning toward the CSS/SVG convention, so authors won't need to flip
angles around when translating touch areas into CSS or SVG rotations to
draw them on the screen.  Any comments?