RE: research about web design education in the UK

Helen,

I am a professional who guest lectures at 5 local colleges and
universities, and sits on the advistory committee for the programs at
two of them, along with involvement at the high school level.

If it helps, I agree that web devs are often critical of the education
available. I have taken the approach that all these programs should be
feeders to my company -- that ideally I want these programs to produce
students I want to hire. It helps inform the feedback I give when I
speak at the classes and when I help with curriculum questions.

I think your research idea is interesting and I'd be interested in
applying your research locally, I would also love to see what programs
involve full-time professionals and what their level of involvement is.
Can that be included in your research? Does that sound like it might
have value to you?

Or anyone else here?

Adrian Roselli