Re: In support of ASN.1 key formats

Hi!

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 4:14 PM, Ryan Sleevi <sleevi@google.com> wrote:
> That's the only open and transparent way forward - if other UAs aren't
> responsively committed towards solving the issues, the only responsible
> action Chromium can take with respect to the open web is to remove what
> would, in effect, be a Chromium-specific extension.

I am not completely sure of all the background here, but at least
based on the Chromium issue
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=532728, it seems
that Firefox at least supports the ASN.1 keys according to the spec,
and even allows interoperability (loads non-standard Chromium keys).
So currently it does not look like Firefox (as an example of other UA)
are not providing their needed support for ASN.1? So currently it is
true that Chromium implementation is Chromium-specific.

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/
https://twitter.com/mitar_m