Re: [W3C Web Crypto WG] Rechartering discussion

As noted during the F2F during the 2014 TPAC, it's unlikely we would
be able to support such a rechartering.

In the goals, only the first goal is something that aligns with our interest.
In the scope, we are explicitly not interested in "user managed"
storage and "web certificate management". Further, we don't believe
this group is the appropriate venue for the discussion of Web
Authentication - that would be better for WebApps or WebAppSec.
WebAppSec already has proposals for dealing with credentials -
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2014JulSep/0141.html

Put differently, for a rechartering, the only effort we'd likely
support support is the maintenance and exploration of algorithms.

Any other chartering discussions should follow the highly productive
workmodes of WebApps and WebAppSecs - that is, concrete, defined
proposals being brought forth and holding rechartering discussions in
specific and narrow scopes if such proposals have consensus (in
particular, from user agents).