Re: [W3C Web Crypto WG] Rechartering discussion

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 4:46 PM, Israel Hilerio <israelh@microsoft.com>
wrote:

>  Virginie,
>

> Our apologies for being late to the party.  Microsoft’s opinion regarding
> the re-charting of the WebCrypto WG is to focus on the following items:
>
> * New algorithms
>
> * Extending the APIs to support Streams when the Streams spec is updated
> by the W3C

+1 from the Mozilla side.

To the extent that there is any more work to be done, it is in specifying
any further algorithms that are necessary.  I would caveat, though, that we
should not take on any deliverables on non-NIST elliptic curves before the
CFRG process closes.  While they are quite a bit behind schedule, they
appear to be closing in on a solution.

I'm don't have an urgent need for Streams support, but wouldn't object to
adding the scope.

--Richard