RE: [W3C Web Crypto WG] Rechartering discussion

From: Israel Hilerio <israelh@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 21:46:06 +0000
To: "public-webcrypto@w3.org" <public-webcrypto@w3.org>
CC: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org>, GALINDO Virginie <Virginie.Galindo@gemalto.com>, Vijay Bharadwaj <Vijay.Bharadwaj@microsoft.com>
Virginie,

Our apologies for being late to the party.  Microsoft's opinion regarding the re-charting of the WebCrypto WG is to focus on the following items:
* New algorithms
* Extending the APIs to support Streams when the Streams spec is updated by the W3C

We believe that the work we want to pursue around certificates and overall credential management seems to be better positioned to evolve at the WebAppSec WG.  We are looking to engage with Mike West on this area.

Thanks for driving this process and for your contributions.

Israel