Re: Minutes from 11/30 meeting and telecon decision on move to PR

On 12/04/2015 05:06 PM, Wendy Seltzer wrote:
> On 12/04/2015 03:19 PM, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 6:48 PM, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Note that in the Working Group meeting we had a call for consensus. Given
>>> the discussions over Github and the mailing list, I think there is clear
>>> agreement from the Working Group that we *want* to go to PR but we have
>>> some bugs and possible interop issues still unresolved. Let's work hard
>>> over the next two weeks to make it happen!
>>>
>>> http://www.w3.org/2015/11/30-crypto-minutes.html
>>>
>>> We achieved consensus on this document:
>>> *RESOLUTION: That we move the WebCrypto API to Proposed Recommendation, as
>>> found at
>>> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/w3c/webcrypto/pr-edits/spec/Overview.html
>>> <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/w3c/webcrypto/pr-edits/spec/Overview.html>*
>>>
>> Don't such resolutions require agreement on the mailing list?
>>
>> Considering that the branch has a number of bugs for merging, I think we'd
>> strongly object to moving that document to PR.
>>
> Yup, that was what Harry said in the sentence you cut just below:
>
>> *But given there isn't quite consensus on the mailing list during the
>> two week period as per our process, we'll keep working on it until we
>> really are ready for PR!
>>
> We're agreed that notwithstanding the resolution proposed on the call,
> it's not quite there yet. The group should review again once these
> issues and pull requests are closed.
Let's call for another call on 12/14 and try to work out all remaining
issues on github and mailing-list before that, and then we can aim for
PR again. Of course, it would be good if editors attended call for
high-bandwidth communication on the issues if things are still not quite
resolved.

   cheers,
          harry