Re: ASN.1 Encoding/Decoding Compatability

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 1:05 PM, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org> wrote:

> I agree that we *should* get feedback. However, I'd also like to set a
> firm deadline for an answer to Ryan's query as there's a chance this may
> not be high priority. Would next Friday be fair?

I don't agree that we should take non-responsiveness to interoperability
issues as a sign that we should push the spec forward.

If we don't get feedback, then I think we no longer have a healthy
specification nor a good path forward, and pushing to PR to make the W3C
process-gods happy is putting the cart before the horse. That is, if UAs
are unable to find consensus, we should pull back the spec, rather than
push forward.