Re: Should we do a call Monday re Last Call?

On 05/15/2014 06:01 PM, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
> On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 8:23 AM, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org>
> wrote:
>
>> So let's keep it to discussion on the mailing list and hope we
>> get consensus - including the people from outside the WG who have
>> raised bugs during Last Call.
>>
>> After May 20th, I'll begin compiling a draft status of all bugs
>> using some automated tools on top of Bugzilla (as we need to send
>> that in via email to W3C to get out of Last Call).
>>

> Harry,
>
> I think you're rushing things if you think we're ready to exit last
> call and proceed to Call for Implementations. That alone is worth
> discussing with the group if you are attempting to advocate that
> path.

We do have to prepare for a Call for Implementations *at some point*
after May 20th. However, we will of course not exit Last Call to that
point till the group gets consensus and we can show W3C we've
addressed all the bugs. I believe that may take a while given the
amount of bugs still needing more treatment. So I'm not proposing to
move there directly.

What I am proposing is we track the comments from external reviewer as
satisfied or not, and whether or not they are formal objections. After
May 20th, it makes sense to begin that tracking process in a way that
can be dynamically updated from Bugzilla.

I'll send an email out after May 20th with the Bugzilla scraper that
generates what is called by W3C "Disposition of Comments". We'll
update that as consensus is reached on various open bugs.

  cheers,
     harry