Re: [W3C Web Crypto WG] Call for contributors on curve 25519 extension

Correct. This is what I referred to as "the debate in the IETF", since
there is not clear consensus on the approaches this document has taken.

The fact that multiple interpretations exist, and have let to this
incongruity, is proof of the issues. Which is not to say that they are not
all eminently solvable, but the draft makes decisions that violate the
"common sense" approach, and that highlights all the more reason for a very
tightly worded, very explicit specification within Web Crypto.