Re: SPKI export needs additional parameter

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 1:22 PM, Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com> wrote:

> The other response is to generate the more detailed output that you can
> possibly do.  So if  an X9.42 is imported then the same thing should be
> exported as well.
>

> Jim

I'm not inclined to support that.

As mentioned, of the four implementations noted - CryptoAPI/CNG, OpenSSL,
NSS, and Security.framework - none support that round-trip.

You can coerce from a more specific type (X9.42) to a more general type
(PKCS#3), but once done, you get back PKCS#3.