RE: To wrap or to wrapKey ??

Ryan or Mark, could one of you send a note to the JOSE list requesting the change and providing a link to the current editor’s draft as background information?

                                                            -- Mike

From: Ryan Sleevi [mailto:sleevi@google.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2014 5:52 PM
To: Mark Watson
Cc: public-webcrypto@w3.org; Mike Jones
Subject: Re: To wrap or to wrapKey ??

FWIW, I'd love to see JOSE change.

I don't think it will be a significant change, since it was added on draft-20.

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 5:38 PM, Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com<mailto:watsonm@netflix.com>> wrote:
All,

We have a discrepancy in usage naming between WebCrypto and JOSE.

The last published WebCrypto Working Draft names the usages "wrap" and "unwrap".

The JOSE JWK, now in last call, names the usages "wrap" and "unwrap".

However, the current WebCrypto Editor's Draft has (since July) named them wrapKey and unwrapKey.

It would be nice if we could have alignment to avoid messy name mapping.

Should we:
(a) ask JOSE to change to "wrapKey" and "unwrapKey"
(b) revert WebCrypto to "wrap" and "unwrap"
(c) live with the mapping

...Mark