From: Ian Jacobs [mailto:ij@w3.org]
Sent: mardi 5 août 2014 19:11
To: w3c-ac-forum@w3.org
Cc: Chairs@w3.org Chairs
Subject: 1 August 2014 Process Document Operational

Dear Advisory Committee Representatives, Chairs, AB, and TAG,

I am pleased to announce the approval of the:

  W3C Process Document
  http://www.w3.org/2014/08/Process-20140801/
  Charles McCathie Nevile (Yandex), Editor

This document was developed between the W3C Advisory Board and the Revising W3C Process Community Group. It was reviewed twice by the W3C Membership; see below for information about the most recent review comments.

A Process transition FAQ answers questions pertinent to W3C groups, implementers, reviewers, and others.
   https://www.w3.org/wiki/ProcessTransition2014

Please send comments on the new Process for the FAQ to <public-w3process@w3.org>.

Groups may publish under the new Process beginning 2 September 2014; infrastructure changes are underway and being tested.

Congratulations to the community for their work on this update to the W3C Process!

This announcement follows section 12 ("Process Evolution") of the 2014 Process:
 http://www.w3.org/2014/Process-20140801/#GAProcess

For Jeff Jaffe, CEO;
Ian Jacobs, Head of W3C Communications

Changes based on Member Review

Member responses to the 7 May call for review [1] led to a number of editorial changes [2] and new issues to be addressed in a future revision.

One reviewer withdrew a Formal Objection after reviewing the editorial changes, the creation of a Process Transition FAQ [3], and clarification that Working Groups may continue to operate under the 2005 Process for a 2-year transition period.

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2014AprJun/0027.html
[2] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/AB/rev/2ad4ac628dce
[3] https://www.w3.org/wiki/ProcessTransition2014

Tel:                       +1 718 260 9447