Re: W3C Web Crypto WG - PROPOSAL to close action-87

On 05/21/2013 09:46 AM, Ryan Sleevi wrote:

> Virginie,
>
> From a W3C process standpoint, isn't the correct procedure to just
> close them? They are not ISSUEs or bugs. Certainly, it was my intent
> to close them out as delivered - same as anyone should be able to do
> for any action assigned to them.

While ACTIONS attached to open ISSUES should require resolution from the
Working Group in accordance with W3C Process as detailed here [1],
simply actions that are fundamentally house-keeping in nature can be
closed immediately.

Generally, many WGs do a quick action check list at the beginning of
meetings, but others simply close them when they are done. This WG has
generally done the former, but it may be more time efficient to do the
latter - and I'm pro-efficiency!

Regardless, I'm OK with either as long as the person completing the
action feels that its completion is not controversial and its not
resolving an open issue. This is clearly one of those.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies#formal-address