Re: ECC vs RSA, and Similar Conflicts

Here's an interesting question, then:
Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that SHA2 is widely recognized as being a better alternative to SHA1. However, SHA1 is not only far from broken, but is also as widely used as SHA2, if not more.

What happens in such a scenario? Do we implement only SHA2 (knowing it to be more secure) or do we still include SHA1, even if it's the less secure alternative?

NK